Wednesday 6 July 2011

A Brief Chat With Mette Jakobsen

What was the last book you read and what are you currently reading?
I am currently reading a book about astronomy in 1593. It's called The Copernican Revolution. The last one I read was a re-read of Anne Michael's Fugitive Pieces - a favourite of mine that I keep coming back to. 

If you could choose to go anywhere in the world for a book tour, where would you go and why? 
I would really love to go to Antarctica - not good for book sales I know!! But to see that vast icy space would be a wonderful experience. I could always hand out copies to those amazing Australians working there. 

Who would you like to give your book to as a gift?
This might seem a little starstruck - but Nicole Kidman's hair was an inspiration when creating the character of Mama in The Vanishing Act. So I would love to give her a book. 

What are you working on next?
My next novel is called The Wingmaker and it's also going to be published by Text, coming out next year. The central themes are love & astronomy.
Mette Jakobsen's debut novel, The Vanishing Act, is a Book of the Month at Shearer's and is available at 15%off the RRP

No comments:

Post a Comment