Friday 20 May 2011

A Brief Chat With Georgia Blain

Georgia Blain has published several novels including her latest, Too Close to Home. She is currently taking part in the Sydney Writers' Festival.

What was the last book you read and what are you currently reading?
The last one was Damon Galgut's In a Strange Room, & I have just started Eva Hornung's Dog Boy.

Which book from your bookshelf at home is your most treasured & why?
I have no idea! I love my collection of Alice Munro, I have books written by my father and by my mother, & they are both special for obvious reasons. And I have the first 'novel' I wrote at age 9. Illustrated by myself as well.

How would you best describe your latest novel, Too Close to Home?
Definitely worth reading! It's set in Sydney's inner west about a group of friends who's political beliefs are challenged by personal turmoil.

In addition to your novels you've published a biography and a YA novel, is there a genre that you prefer to work in?
Definitely adult fiction.

What are you working on next?
Absolutely nothing.
Autographed copies of Too Close to Home are available from Shearer's Bookshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment