Friday 20 May 2011

A Brief Chat With Phillipa Fioretti

Phillipa Fioretti is the author of The Book of Love and The Fragment of Dreams. She is in town for the Sydney Writers' Festival. 

What was the last book you read and what are you currently reading?
The last book I read was Past the Shallows by Favel Parrett and I'm currently reading Bereft by Chris Womersley.


Which book from your bookshelf at home is your most treasured and why?
My 1938 copy of The Myths and Legends of Ancient Greece and Rome. This book was my mother's and I loved it as a child, reading it over and over again. I've loved the classical world ever since.


Which fictional character do you most identify with?
Otto the schnauzer from The Book of Love.

What are you working on next?
I'm working on a romantic/suspense/crime novel set in the Blue Mountains and amid the shenanigans of a corrupt State government, property developers, a restaurant and a young woman who thinks she's in love.
 
Autographed copies of The Fragment of Dreams are available from Shearer's Bookshop

No comments:

Post a Comment