Thursday 24 March 2011

A Brief Chat With Alice Pung

Alice Pung is the author of Unpolished Gem. We caught up with her at the recent Leading Edge conference.


What was the last book you read and what are you currently reading?
The Elegance of the Hedgehog, which affirmed my faith in art, and I am currently reading Tim O'Brien's incredible war memoir, If I Die in a Combat Zone.


Which book from your bookshelf at home is your most treasured and why?
 A Little book my sister Alison made me for my birthday when she was a child. 


Which fictional character do you most identify with?
 The 'character' in my books based on me! 

What are you working on next?
My book Her Father's Daughter, a non-fiction account of a man from Cambodia whose goldfish memory allows him to be brave and hopeful in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment