Wednesday 23 March 2011

A Brief Chat with Author Alex Miller

Alex Miller has twice won the Miles Franklin literary award and is one of Australia's best-loved novelists. His 2009 novel, Lovesong, garnered great critical acclaim. 

What was the last book you read and what are you currently reading?
I've just read Coetzee's bleakly humorous Summertime and am currently re-reading White's great novel Voss.
 
Which book from your bookshelf at home is your most treasured and why?
My three volume 1751 edition of Edmund Spenser's Faerie Queene, which was given to me by my wife as a wedding present thirty five years ago.

Which fictional character do you most identify with?
I usually identify most closely with the fictional character I aw either working with or reading about, in this case White's Voss.

What are you working on next?
I've just finished writing my most ambitious novel yet, Once, If I Remember Well, and have no idea what I will work on next. Currently I'm writing a brief memoir for the May symposium on my work which is to be held at Sydney University. 

No comments:

Post a Comment